I am not ashamed to admit that I became a … [Read More...] about Plant-Based Protein as an Alternative to Animal Products
Summer Lights is a lovely get together to celebrate the people who light up your life.
I am not ashamed to admit that I became a vegetarian – and later vegan – after eating vegetarian dishes for years and receiving so many compliments on my skin. And while I went full-blown veggie, I … [Read More...] about Plant-Based Protein as an Alternative to Animal Products
What should I do at my Summer Lights event? Summer Lights is all about coming together to celebrate the amazing people that light up our lives. It’s a festival of light, where you invite your … [Read More...] about Questions About Summer Lights
I am not ashamed to admit that I became a vegetarian – and later vegan – after eating vegetarian dishes for years and receiving so many compliments on my skin.
And while I went full-blown veggie, I am certainly not immune to the odd taste for meat. I do crave a cooked egg here or there and occasionally find myself craving a meaty stew. But what I most crave, however, are protein shakes! I wanted to find the best vegetarian protein powders for all types of vegans, omnivores, and anyone wanting to consume more plant-based food. Keep in mind that there are fewer grams of protein in a soy powder then in whey powder, but that is ok.
The research found the risk of heart disease from soy is lower than with other sources of protein, but the Chinese studies had shown an increased risk of prostate cancer. Professor Tucci said “with regard to soy products, I think it’s probably true to say that we can get a lot of protein from soy food products. “But it is certainly important that people are aware of soy products and not consume them with other sources of protein. “I think one of the biggest reasons for that is, of course, because they are so often consumed with whole grains and soya milk.”
Do not be afraid to try out the natural foods we take for granted. Try to switch to the foods that are more palatable to us first, so you will understand how to enjoy them with your vegan diet. Protein powder is not one thing and one thing only. In fact, it can be varied from powder to powder. In this instance, I chose four different vegetarian protein powders.
WHAT ABOUT CHOICES FOR Fat-FREE CHEESE?
Choices are really important when it comes to protein powders, so I have two protein powders with egg-free proteins and vegan recipes. I’ve chosen these not only because I was a vegetarian but also because they are available in the supermarket, making it easier to buy ready-made.
Despite the popularity of veganism, there is still a demand for the traditional dairy milk substitute, so I have one vegan-friendly protein powder with cheese. Although it does not contain milk, it does contain whey protein isolate and adds about 3g of protein to the mix.
THE CONVENIENCE OF ‘DIY’ SOUP?
When it comes to home-made veggie soups, I have found an amazing range of delicious vegetable soup powder blends, from which I have created a super-easy-to-make vegan, gluten-free soup blend. The purpose of this is to boost the immune system and provide an ample amount of protein to help a person recover after a heavy workout.
COOK MEAT AT HOME
Veggie meat is a great alternative to meat. Meat can be very filling, but if one were to substitute it for a vegetable-based one it can often be very healthy and a lot more filling, so one can use less. For this reason, I am quite a fan of mushrooms, but feel free to add any number of vegetarian meat substitutes to your recipe!
EASY FOR BEGINNERS
They are all really easy to make and a great, convenient way to satisfy your protein craving!
One of the benefits of switching from meat to meat-free foods is that it can change the way you view food. People often feel a bit weird when they switch to a vegan diet.
But, by starting with one meal or snack at a time and building your way up, you can eventually add new foods to your diet without thinking about it.
I’m not afraid to try out the natural foods we take for granted.
Try to switch to the foods that are more palatable to us first, so you will understand how to enjoy them with your vegan diet.
And that’s really the way to make the switch.
What should I do at my Summer Lights event?
Summer Lights is all about coming together to celebrate the amazing people that light up our lives. It’s a festival of light, where you invite your favourite people round for food, fun and fond memories, as you get together and celebrate the people who bring a spark into our lives.
Our big day is 25 June but you can get together on another day around this time. And whether you decide to take it indoors, outdoors, daytime or night, our free Summer Lights kit is full of inspiration to light the way for your event. And check out our Inspiration page for tasty recipes and fun activities.
How much should I ask people for?
By coming together we can become an unstoppable shining force for everybody who needs us. Everything you can raise will help lighten the load that people with cancer face.
So let your friends know that by donating just £10 could help newly diagnosed people find out about all the support available to them. A £25 donation would pay for a Macmillan nurse to spend a full hour with someone who needs them. Can you reach £200 and pay for a whole day of help? Whatever the amount, your donations do wonderful things for people impacted by cancer.
How does our money help?
Every penny raised at a Summer Lights get together will help us grow even stronger. From supporting people through treatment and campaigning for better care, to being just a phone-call away in times of need. We provide emotional support from trained professionals and offer financial assistance with some of the extra costs cancer can bring like heating bills and travel costs. And because it’s not only patients who live with cancer, we’re there for carers, communities, families and of course, friends too.
How do I pay my money in?
- Do it at the bank. Take your cash / cheques and your paying-in slip from your Kit to any branch of Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest or Ulster Bank.
- Do it over the phone. Give us a ring on 0845 070 1318 and use your credit or debit card.
- Do it by post. Send us a cheque made payable to ’Macmillan Cancer Support’, along with your paying-in slip to: Summer Lights, Macmillan Cancer Support, 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ
And don’t forget to ask your guests to Gift Aid their donations. Download a Gift Aid form here.
Can I pay in at any bank?
You can pay in your donation at any branch of Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest or Ulster Bank. If you pay into another bank Macmillan won’t be able to trace your payment and may have to pay a charge.
How many people are taking part in Summer Lights?
Thousands, all across the country! And together we will become an unstoppable shining force for everybody who needs us.
How do I set up an event and invite my friends?
It couldn’t be easier. Once you’ve signed up you just need to set up your Summer Lights event JustGiving page, put down your special reason for having one and let all your friends and family know.
Why should I have a Summer Lights?
Because… we shine brighter together. It will be a special day when you can get all your favourite people together and remember all those who light up our lives. Or just because it’s for a truly incredible cause.
There really are so many reasons to have a Summer Lights. Whatever your reason, you’re helping make a massive difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
How do I get involved?
Just sign up to get your Summer Lights Kit, invite your friends and get ready for a fabulous Summer Lights.
I’m a guest attending a Summer Lights but would like to host my own. How do I sign up?
That’s great news! Simply sign up and we’ll provide you with all that you need to make it a Summer Lights to remember.
I’m busy in June, can I do it in another month?
Of course! Once you’ve signed up, just choose a date that works for you and let all your friends and family know.
Thanks to our sponsors we would present the whole relaxing experience of the world’s best massage chairs right in our Summer Lights Festival. We will have the whole show room for you to relax and take a look at the best massage chairs. Thanks to your sponsors from HealthNerdy. They will provide 5 of the best chairs to try and have the relaxing experience. You can check out their best massage chair guide by Health Nerdy here.
Below are some information on what is massage chair in case you want to purchase one after the event.
Here it is…
Benefits of Using A Back Massage Chair
The massage chair is a luxury product. It provides you what you want.
You can have all the experiences of chill out moments and improved health status with well being. The benefits of using this chair are also not limited to a single choice, rather there is a whole plethora of them.
To provide relaxation, the massage chair gives smooth gliding strokes with hard or light pressure options. These in turn alleviate the work out knots or the serious adhesions present in the muscles of the body. Further, it helps to keep the mind relaxed as well.
Consider some other benefits of using back massage chairs:
- Energy boosters: Massage chair can be designated as a battery, which provides energy to the body. It rejuvenates the muscles of the body and increases the work productivity of the body. The tired and stretched muscles are loosened by the actions of the message chair and provide revitalization to the whole body.
- Increases circulation in the whole body: The blood flow in the entire body is regulated by using the massage chair. These are also helpful in removing the harmful substances from the body and increase the nutrient absorption and metabolism inside the body tissues.
- Relieves the emotional stress from the body: The day to day routines we have, increase our stress levels. This then leads to diseases of the heart and fatigue. Unwanted depression and anxiety can also increase due to this problem. The massage chair fights the emotional stress and reduces the occurrence of sleep-related disorders.
- Helps to correct the posture: The correct posture always has its benefits on the body. Fortunately, with the help of a massage chair, this can be easily maintained. The right posture is beneficial for the body in providing maximum flexion and mobility to the stiff muscles of the body.
Benefits of using A Recliner Massage Chair
To get a professional massage, you have to contact the therapist and schedule an appointment with him. Luckily, the recliner massage chair gives the option to bring your personal therapist at home. Without any limitations of time, the massage chair provides relaxation and comfort as long as the user wants. Apart from this, there are other benefits also. Some of them are given below:
- Enhances ‘feel good’ chemical inside the body: The massage chair can help to produce the same endorphin in the body which is elevated after having a work-out session at the gym! This chemical is linked with speedy recovery of broken down tissues, lessens the muscular pain, and reduces the stress levels of the body.
- Clarity of thinking patterns: The thoughts of the patient using the recliner chair become clear. This is an unknown benefit of the recliner chair. A relaxed body is associated with a relaxed mind. When the person gets rid of bodily pains, then the thinking ability is increased.
- Provides the level of comfort according to your wish: The recliner chair works on your commands. When you start it, you can provide the soothing feeling to your body that you wish to have. You can use it as a simple chair as well!
- Longer life: Although no one knows that how much life he or she has, but by using recliner chairs, the quality of life is surely enhanced. The person achieves boosting performance in all chores of life.
- Better investment option: The message chair increases your life expectancy and is a sure short investment for your valuable money. Sometimes these are expensive to buy, but there are also low-priced reliable options available in the market.
- Reduces the lactic acid built-up in muscles of the body: By massaging with a recliner chair, not only the blood flow in the body is increased but the lactic acid accumulation is also reduced. There is surely no need for a physiotherapist when you are using the massage chair.
How to Pick the Best Massage chair– Step By Step Buying Guide
There is no perfect data, which shows which model of the back massage chair or recliner is the best one among others. Sometimes, people associate higher prices of massage chairs with higher quality, but this does not always hold true with massage chairs.
Recently, the new line of models provides better comfort options than previous ones.
Guidelines for Selecting the Best Massage Chair
Here are some common rules to pursue when searching for a best massage chair in the market
- The Comfort of the chair: The user must sit down on the chair and feel its comfort level. Some chairs are better in shape than others, while others prove to be unsuitable for the body shape.
- The Power of massage: The massage intensity varies in different massage chairs. Those chairs, which have high-protruded components, provide strong massage, while those that have small rollers are good for providing softer movements.
- Adjustability options of massage chair: Most of the programs of the massage chair are set by default by the manufacturing factory. The user must get fully acquainted with them. A single chair with a huge range of adjustable options gives larger usability criteria for multiple users.
- Accessories: Certain types of massage chairs and recliners are equipped with a separate ottoman or a leg-rest, which can be detached if not needed. Some chairs are also provided with vibration facilities at the leg rest.
- Style of the chair: There are different sorts of recliner chairs available in the market. Some have leather coverings and some are made of polyester coatings. One should not rely totally on the appearance of the recliner. But appearance is definitely one of the factors for purchasing.
- Price range of chairs: The user must not ignore this option. Price options vary among different designs. However, the lowest prices are those which are offered in <$200.
Yet again, there is no definition by which the comfort level in terms of good or bad can be described. Only the personal experiences, which are gained through trying out different massage chairs, are the real guide that helps in the purchase of a massage chair or a recliner.
Tips for using Back and Recliner Massage Chairs
- The massage chair is installed with different preset programs, which massage the whole back. The user can adjust the motors, nodes, and rollers, as required via the control pad.
- The massage chair with large rollers, gives a more generalized massage while those with smaller nodes, help to give a specific massage. The user has to adjust them according to his/her needs.
- The Shiatsu massage chairs provide pressing, sweeping, rolling, and rotating movements. They are helpful in relieving the pain on specific locations of the body.
- The Swedish massage provides long gliding strokes along with kneading movements. They give strong circular motions, which enhance the blood flow.
- The massage chairs are computerized and they are designed to adjust according to the height and weight of the user. However, adjustments in width and height of the backseat can be made according to the body type.
So, come over and enjoy relaxing experience at summer lights festival.
We have fantastic ideas to make your Summer Lights event memorable; from fab finger foods and summer salads to refreshing cocktails. We also included some decoration ideas to make your home and garden shine brightly. Looking for invites or poster, you can make your own.
We’ll stand together for each other
When you stand together with the people that light up your life, you’re standing together with everyone affected by cancer, so we can continue to support each other.
You could help fund Macmillan nurses so they can provide comfort and clarity from the moment of diagnosis, throughout treatment and beyond. Standing together could help provide funding for self-help and support groups, and Macmillan online communities, so that people affected by cancer can share their experiences.
And all the money that you raise could help provide expert information and support online so people can have their questions answered.
So come on, let’s do this. Let’s become an unstoppable shining force for everybody who needs us.
To help make a difference just ask your friends to donate whatever they can afford to your Summer Lights event. It could make a life-changing difference. £25 could pay for a Macmillan nurse to help lighten the load and spend a full hour helping someone who desperately needs them. Plus, if you and your friends can raise £200 between you – you could pay for a whole day of essential support.